The Windows Phone and Windows 10 versions of the Plex app have been updated. The new version of the app improves the startup performance of the app, fixes text issues, optimises video seeking and adds anonymous app metrics (with optional opt-out).
Plex Server is free and the Window Plex app is free from the Windows Store with an £3.89 in-app purchase.
Plex is one of the solutions featured in our new new Windows 10 book and is great alternative to Windows Media Center in Windows 10.
– Introduce anonymous application metrics to help drive future improvements (if you don’t want to participate, you can disable it in the app preferences – Advanced section)
– (WP) Improve app startup performance
– (WP, UI) Fix clipped text on activation dialog when in landscape mode
– (Video) Optimize video seek thumbnail loading
– A number of user-reported crashes