Buy the book or ebook from Amazon.co.uk , Amazon.com or Apress.com
With Windows 10 there is a wide array of entertainment apps and services available. There are cloud streaming services, music subscriptions, media servers, DLNA apps and a whole world of possibilities so Garry Whittaker and I decided to create a guide to Windows 10 entertainment apps and services for Windows 10 PCs, tablets and phones.
In the book we look at music services available for Windows 10, we look at storing music in the cloud, music subscription services and watching videos on your device. We take a look at streaming your media collection to your Windows 10 devices, streaming media around the home using DLNA and how to setup a media server so you can manage and stream your own media collection to any of your devices.
We cover using Microsoft’s Groove music including how to use Groove on an iPhone and Android as well as Windows 10. Using iTunes on Windows 10, listening to podcasts and listening to Google Play Music. We have a chapter on storing your music in the cloud which covers OneDrive, Google Play and Dropbox. When it comes to watching videos, movies and TV shows we have that covered with services like Microsoft’s Movies & TV, Netflix, Youtube and apps like VLC.
For streaming your own collection around the home we look at setting up Homegroup, file sharing and DLNA. We look at how you can setup Windows 10 so that you can access music and videos from Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10. We also show you how to setup Plex Media Server and Emby Server so you can stream content to their apps around the home and over the Internet. There is a lot of content in the book that is designed to help you get the most out of a Windows 10 PC, tablet or phone and how Windows 10 links in with other systems like Xbox One and DLNA/UPnP devices.
The book is ideal if you are just getting started or if you already have a large media collection.
Here is what we will cover:
- Use music streaming services on a phone, tablet or laptop
- Stream from thousands of radio stations to your Windows 10 phone or PC
- Purchase and manage music and video collections
- Use iTunes with Windows 10 tablets, laptops and phones
- Find out what type of media files work with Windows 10
- Enjoy your existing music collection on Windows 10 PCs, phones and tablets
- Stream movies and TV shows from Netflix, and stream music to Windows, Android, and iOS devices
- Use Windows 10’s Data Sense app to monitor your phone and PC data usage
- Use Windows 10 to wirelessly access media stored on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 PCs around the home
- Use PlayTo to send content to Network Attached (NAS) devices in your home, including Xbox One, TVs and media players
- Get started building your personal media cloud so you can access your music and videos from anywhere in the world and on any device with Plex Media Server and Emby Server
Here are the official details:
Unleash the entertainment potential of your Windows 10 PC, tablet, or phone—or any combination of the three! Learn how to stream movies and TV shows, manage your media collection, purchase new media, and upload your music collection to the cloud.
Make your entertainment experience truly mobile by streaming wirelessly between devices in the home, or from cloud services that let you take your content anywhere. Learn to push content from Windows 10 to other devices like TVs, or your Xbox One. Tap into a wide range of popular streaming services, including Netflix, Spotify, and Google Play.
Ian Dixon and Garry Whittaker take the hassle out of managing and enjoying music, TV, and movies from your own collection and beyond. Whether you already have an extensive music and video collection, or are just getting started, this book will help you get the best entertainment from Windows.