Microsoft have released a new Fall Creators Update for Windows Insiders on the fast ring. Build 16291 could be the final build that is released out to general Windows users and just has a few changes. Also in this build is the option to resume articles and from Cortana on the PC. This share with PC option isn’t exactly new as Microsoft added the option to continue browsing in July.
Surface Pro 3 users need to be careful as this build still has the bug that causes startup problems, see this post on how to fix it.
Here are the list of changes and lookout for my hands on video soon:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where sometimes after an upgrade Windows Update’s update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you’d just done.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn’t working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- We fixed an issue where pin reset above lock (“I forgot my PIN”) would only work the first time the password was reset.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- We fixed an issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.