Amazon have issued another update to the Windows 8 and Windows RT Kindle app. The app addresses registration issues that cause are causing problems with Windows devices sharing Windows accounts. Last week’s update also tried to address the same issue so it looks like Amazon are still having problems with the app.
The app is free from the Windows Store
– Fixed a registration issue for customers with multiple Windows 8 devices sharing the same Windows Live account.
– Fixed a registration issue with special characters in the account password
– Improved page turn performance
– Increased book storage
– Added 2-column reading on ARM devices
– Disabled device dimming in reading mode
– Performance improvements and other enhancements throughout
Please note: After upgrading, an Internet connection is needed to complete the app update when opening the app for the first time.