Microsoft have updated many of the built in Windows app for Windows 8 and Windows RT and main update seems to be for the News app. Prior to the update the News app was limited to a pre-set list of sources but now you can add your own content via the RSS feeds. So you can add sources like TDL (via our RSS Feed https://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/feed/) and then the articles show up in the app. You can pin sources to the Windows start page and the content can be cached for viewing offline. There is also news alerts, full screen videos and topic customisation.
Full release notes:
Key updates to this release of the News app include:
• Bing News – See the day’s top stories and trending topics. Swipe through the latest national, world, tech, business and sport news, and more.
• Customise Your News – Get the news that you care about on your home screen by adding, removing and reordering content.
• Add A Source – Choose from well-known news sources around the world or add your favourite RSS feeds straight to your home screen.
• Add A Topic – Pick topics that you care about – like your favourite sports team, celebrity or gadget – and follow stories about them.
• International Editions – Interested in what’s making the news in other parts of the world? Bing News allows you to easily add editions from other countries.
• Offline Reading – Download your news and keep up with the day’s headlines even when you’re not connected to the internet.
• Breaking News – Make sure you’re the first to know about major stories with our news alerts.
• Sharing – Share news stories with your friends.
• Full-screen image support – Tap on an image to see it full-screen and see a slideshow of all of the images in the article.
• Videos and Slideshows – Improved representation of videos and slideshows.
• Note: Some features may not be available in all markets.