When there were no Surface firmware updates on this Tuesday (patch Tuesday) we thought there wouldn’t be any for January but yesterday Microsoft released new system updates for the Surface Pro 3. The update includes new Surface Pro UEFI update that adds support for updated HD Graphics to go with a HD Graphics driver update. The HD Graphic drive enhances device stability, improves compatibly with Miracast and better DisplayPort support.
Once again the wireless drivers have been updated, you can control 2.4GHz and 5GHz preferences and it address issues with Hyper V. The docking station audio device drive has been updated as has the Home Button driver.
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.450.0) adds support for updated HD Graphics Family driver.
- HD Graphics Family driver update (v10.18.14.4029) enhances display stability and performance, improves user experience when using Miracast adapters. Improves compatibility with DisplayPort monitors and daisy chaining.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3073.151) addresses connectivity issues while Hyper-V is enabled. Adds an advanced feature to control the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band preference.
- Surface Home Button driver update (v2.0.1179.0) ensures compatibility with the Surface Hub app.
- Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device driver update (v184.108.40.206) improves the user experience while using the Surface Pro 3 Docking Station so that sound is available when a speaker is not connected to the docking station.