Part one here.

In Part two I will be un-boxing the equipment.

Fibaro Blind Control Insert Module unboxing.


The box contains the module and instructions in English and Polish.


Its small in size AAA Battery for scale.


Screw down connectors, version 2.2 EU frequency.


Electrical components unboxing

Scolmore Minigrid switch

MD075WH – Click White 10A 3 Position Retractive Switch Minigrid Module


Here is the back of the switch showing COM, L1 and L2.


CMA401 -Mode White Grid Switch Front Plate 1 Gang Single Aperture


Switch and face plate assembled. The switch and face plate are different shades of white to each other, so obviously something not quite right when I ordered these, I have asked the supplier to confirm.

I purchased all these electrical components from: as they seemed to be the cheapest online.


Just a single screw to connect the switch in to the face plate.


I bought a 35mm deep dry lining back box to be on the safe side and to give me more room for the wiring behind the switch. Probably could have used a standard 25MM deep back box however.



I also bought a Junction Box to connect in to the mains electric supply. This one has six terminals, but only five of them will be used. Three for Live / Neutral / Earth and two to connect the curtain motor to the O1 an O2 connections on the Fibaro module.


Dooya DT52S Motor and curtain rail unboxing

The motor doesn’t actually say Dooya on it, not sure if I should be concerned about that or not? But it does say DT52S-45/20 which is the correct standard motor.

Update from the seller: The motor have three kinds of outlook, one with vertical DOOYA on it, one with horizontal DOOYA, one without DOOYA. When we buy them different lot at different time, their stocks are different, so some with DOOYA, some without. Buy they are all genuine DOOYA motors.


The cable coming out of the motor is about 1.5 metres long, which is just a bit too short for me, I had to order some extra 4-core electrical flex cable off eBay. Shame the cable wasn’t 2.5M.


Here is the top of the motor which has a date on it. You can also see the motor drive that turns to operate the rubber belt in the rail.


The rail came in two pieces and was doubled over for delivery.


Here’s the other end, you can see the green rubber belt inside the rail.


Here are some other bits of the kit, the wall mount brackets and some plastic bits and one end cap. One of the brackets appears to have a small square piece of metal (a washer) missing, I hope this isn’t going to be a problem later?


There are some instructions included which of course I haven’t read yet.


Here is the middle section which needs to be joined together. At first I thought the rail was too long.


Here you can see the metal part that joins the two sections of the rail together somehow.


I soon realised that for transportation one end of the rubber belt was not connected to the mechanism inside. So I started taking out the screws.


Here you can see that the rubber belt is not connected to the cog wheel.


Now I’ve put the rubber belt in to its correct position and I then screwed the end capping back in place.


Now that the rubber belt is correctly positioned the middle section meets up properly.


Full length of the rail shown here and it is the correct length that I ordered exactly 225CM.


A quick look at the instructions and it appears to join together the middle section you just screw in the four supplied screws, as you can see in this photo.

The screws do remain stuck out a bit as you can see but it seems to have made it sturdy enough in the middle, this must be the back of the rail and will be hidden from view.


Here you can see the other side which has no screw holes and is the front.


Plastic end cap in place on the side that the motor is not connecting too. It just pops in place.


I just attached one of the wall mount brackets to see how they attach to the rail.



You can see the screw and the square metal washer that goes in to a groove on the top of the rail and then you tighten it up.

I have one of these square washers missing from my kit which is going to be a slight issue.


On these photos you can see the motor now attached to the rail, you just have to line up the two spinney bits and turn and twist the motor in to position.

There is a Youtube video here which shows you how to do it.


AA battery for some scale. The motor is about 22CM in length.


Part three here – covers the wiring and installation.

Leave a Reply