Firecore have just released aTV Flash for the black Apple TV. Version 1.6 adds new features like one-click subtitle downloads, Wake On LAN support and most useful for Window Media Center users it adds support for WTV files so you should be able to stream TV shows from a Media Center system to the Apple TV. If you have aTV Flash you get the update from Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu if you want to purchase there are details on Firecore’s site
Details from Firecore:
Hot on the heels of the new Seas0nPass release we’re happy to present to you a brand new version of aTV Flash (black). Version 1.6 adds a bunch of great new features including integrated subtitle downloads, expanded codec support, refined video playback, improved networking, additional translations and a truckload of other improvements and bug fixes.
Integrated Subtitle Downloads
By popular request we’ve added one-click subtitle downloads, courtesy of OpenSubtitles.org. Now instead of spending hours searching for the right subtitles they can be easily downloaded right from your Apple TV in a matter of seconds. Check out the screenshots below to see this feature in action.
Need additional subtitles? Just click ‘Get More…’.
Choose from thousands of available subtitles.
- Added integrated subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles.org
- Added support for purchased iTunes content (matching iTunes login required)
- Added video deinterlacing option
- Added Wake-on-Lan (WOL)
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) translation
- Added support for displaying subtitles in lower ‘black bar’
- Added support for .WTV files
- Added support for multiple simultaneous AFP connections
- Improved bulk fetching & added automatic artwork caching
- Improved automatic downscaling for large thumbnails
- Improved metadata reloading for images
- Improved buffering over AFP
- Resolved various audio synchronization issues
- Resolved possible overflow in 5.1 AC3 audio
- Resolved issues with zoom for 4:3 movies
- Resolved missing audio for .dvr-ms files (ASF containers)
- Resolved rare SRT file crash
- Resolved issues with slideshow animation
- Resolved file specific metadata fetching issues
- Resolved rare ISO file crashes
- Resolved issue with displaying identical thumbnails for images with the same name
- Resolved metadata loading issues for files containing non-latin characters
- Resolved rare 5ch audio file crash
- Resolved issues with incorrect metadata for files with ‘<TVShow Name>/S01E0.avi’ pattern
- Resolved auto-start issues in Couch Surfer
- Reduced memory footprint for large software-decoded videos and slideshows
- Other minor UI improvements & bug fixes
Great! Where can I get it?
If you’re already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 1.6 version can be installed through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu. Links for the new version can also be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
If you’re new to aTV Flash (black) you can learn about all the great benefits here.