Technical audit of the website on Drupal includes a number of actions aimed at finding and eliminating technical and software errors. Technical analysis allows you to identify implicit problems, errors in the code and site structure, detect duplicate content or meta tags, find unoptimized or broken pages. A technical audit is the most important stage in a comprehensive website check. It should be performed among the first in a comprehensive website audit, analyzing the results of all stages of promotion.
A technical check can be performed by professionals who offer a wide range of Drupal 8 services like on the https://gole.ms/services site where you can order a drupal site technical audit in several clicks.
The Essence of Technical Audit
The technical audit can be divided into basic audit and deep analysis. During a deep analysis of the site, the following activities are performed:
- Parsing the entire site according to the robots.txt directives for each search engine. Now sites are optimized not only for individual search engines but also for results of the mobile search.
- Checking the technical indicators of the site by individual criteria following the requirements of search engines. It means the extensive search for duplicates, empty tags, broken or non-canonical pages.
- Analysis of the internal structure of the site and its linking; checking the distribution of the anchor links on individual pages; checking the menu and finding broken links.
- Checking the technical pages of the site: the correctness of the 404-page settings, the presence of robots.txt, the presence of sitemap.xml, its structure, and compliance with filling standards.
- Analysis of the layout correctness of the most important pages, the structure of SEO components, and the correctness of their use.
- Checking the server operation, its speed, uptime, the speed of loading individual pages.
This list of tasks is far from complete. An audit includes not only the collection and analysis of information from the browser but also the analysis of data provided by the Google Search Console, server logs, and the site itself. Any fixed technical errors of the site increase its quality and position in the ranking.
Key Stages of Drupal Site Audit
Here are the suggested steps to take when you have planned the audit of your platform.
- Any audit starts with a list of tasks. The correct formulation of the problem allows us to recommend improvements.
- The second stage is the immediate start of the technical audit. The current state of the site, including the number of indexed pages, errors, the presence/absence of robots.txt and sitemap.xml, and their structure are recorded.
- The third stage is analytical, which takes the maximum time. A thorough analysis of all the collected data is carried out, which is the basis of the report.
- The fourth stage is to eliminate errors and monitor positions in the search results.
If all the problems have been solved, auditors can move to content audit, marketing audit, etc. Otherwise, the tasks are reviewed and returned to the second stage of technical analysis.