For Windows Insiders on the dev channel there is a new build of Windows 10 to test. Build 20221 of Windows 10 has a new Meet Now feature built into the task bar and fixes for the WSL sub-system.
This year Microsoft added a Meet Now option to Skype and now there are testing integrating it with Window taskbar. There is a Meet Now button in the taskbar where you can create a meeting or join an existing meeting via Skype. As with most new features in the dev channel you may not get the feature straight away as they are doing the dreaded A/B testing.
The other changes to the build are the removal of the People app, it is now part of the Mail app and notifications when an app registered to run at startup.
UPDATE: Here is my hands on video:
Here are the fixes and known issues:
- We fixed an issue where the new Manage Disks and Volumes section in Settings wasn’t blocking the ability to change the drive letter of the system volume.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Start menu, and Action Center being totally transparent when certain apps were open in the background.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a crash when opening the Power menu in Start while running Magnifier at a high zoom level.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a virtual desktop thumbnail in Task View showing an empty desktop even after moving an app over to that desktop.
- We fixed an issue when typing with an IME into text fields in certain apps that could result in input no longer being accepted.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Chinese Pinyin IME candidate pane getting stuck on the first letter when typing into certain games.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update getting stuck at “Downloading – 0%” for a long time.
- We fixed seeing generic errors when using wsl –install in the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- We fixed a bug where the Linux kernel would not be installed when using wsl –install in the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re working on a fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re investigating reports of some Office applications crashing or missing after updating to a new build.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue resulting in Settings crashing for some Insiders when opening Manage Disks and Volumes.
- We’re investigating reports of some devices experiencing a KMODE_EXCEPTION bugcheck when using certain virtualization technologies.
- We are investigating an issue affecting Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distros where users can receive the error: “The remote procedure call failed” on startup.
- We’re investigating a bug where the vEthernet adapter in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distros becomes disconnected after a period of use. For full details please follow this Github thread.