Yesterday Microsoft released a new Windows 10 build for Windows Insiders of the dev channel. Build 20175 has improvements to multi-tasking with Microsoft Edge, new icons and other minor changes.
Clicking a pinned site on the Taskbar will now show you all of the open tabs for that site across any of your Microsoft Edge windows, just like you’d expect for any app with multiple open windows
UPDATE: Here is my hands on video
Another change is a powershell command to reset apps eg:
Get-AppxPackage *calculator* | Reset-AppxPackage
The other changes are a new snip & sketch icon:
Here are the fixes and known issues with the build:
- We fixed an issue causing some systems to crash with a HYPERVISOR_ERROR bugcheck.
- We fixed an issue resulting in tiles sometimes flashing unexpectedly in the Start menu when animating
- We fixed an issue where the option the set Alt + Tab to “Windows Only” wasn’t working.
- We fixed an issue that could result in apps unexpectedly appearing black when viewed under Magnifier with a large magnification.
- We fixed an issue that could result in some stutter when gaming.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not working with touch when touching a XAML item.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Search not closing after selecting certain items in the search results.
- We fixed an issue resulting in flickers when logging in.
- We fixed an issue resulting in fonts not displaying correctly in some apps in the last two flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings crashing if it’d been opened but minimized to the Windows Update page, and then you navigated to another settings page by clicking a URI.
- We fixed an issue where clicking a link to System would result in an empty and unclosable Control Panel instance.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where some Microsoft Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat may fail to launch.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- If you are impacted by an issue where when pressing space while using the Korean IME in Edge and Chrome the last character was deleted, this has been fixed in Chromium as part of Bug 1099125. We’ll be removing this from the known issues with the next flight.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where the min/max/close buttons are stuck in their original positions after resizing a UWP app. If you move the app window the position should update.
- We’re investigating reports that the new taskbar experience described above isn’t working for some pinned sites.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where sometimes the “close all windows” action in the taskbar doesn’t close not all of the open tabs
- We’re working on a fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where pinned sites don’t show all open tabs for a domain. In the meantime, you can fix this by pinning the site’s homepage rather than a specific page (e.g. pin microsoft.com rather than microsoft.com/windows).
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where Alt + Tabbing to a browser tab sometimes moves the previously active browser tab to the front of the Alt + Tab list as well.