Microsoft have a new Windows 10 build for Windows Insiders on the dev channel (fast ring). Build 20170 has some new audio settings, icon changes and fixes.
In this build Microsoft are continuing to bring Control Panel items into Settings. You can now manage default audio devices in Settings, something was only available via Control Panel before. It is good to see Microsoft pushing to get rid of Control Panel once and for all.
Update: Here is my hands on video:
Microsoft have changed the icon for settings which great on the new style start menu:
Another change with the build is Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 being enabled by default:
An experimental implementation of Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 is enabled by default starting with Insider Preview Build 20170. IIS/HTTP.SYS have TLS 1.3 enabled by default. SSPI callers can use TLS 1.3 by passing the new crypto-agile SCH_CREDENTIALS structure when calling AcquireCredentialsHanlde. SSPI callers using TLS 1.3 need to make sure their code correctly handles SEC_I_RENEGOTIATE.
Here are the known issues and fixes with the build:
- We fixed an issue resulting in flickering when resizing certain apps when snapped side by side in tablet mode.
- We fixed an issue when using an IME where holding down the mouse left click key would eventually lead to input hanging.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the master volume slider in Sound Settings not working after removing and re-pairing certain Bluetooth devices.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in update notifications not appearing or appearing multiple times in quick succession.
- We fixed an issue resulting in typing not working on certain keyboards in the previous flight – appreciate your patience while we investigated.
- We fixed an issue that could result in modifier keys like Shift and CTRL sometimes being dropped over a remote desktop connection.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a small number of Insiders experiencing an issue where Start wouldn’t launch in the previous build.
- We fixed an issue that was increasing the amount of time it took for logoff to happen for some Insiders in the last few builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders finding that their screens became dimmer after upgrading to the last few builds.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where some Microsoft Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat may fail to launch.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue causing some systems to crash with a HYPERVISOR_ERROR bugcheck.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re aware of an issue where Task Manager reports 0.00 GHz CPU usage in the Performance tab.
- We’re working to fine tune the tile animations in Start to avoid flashes of color.
- We’re investigating reports that sleep is not working for some Insiders.