Welcome to this week’s podcast! This week we are joined by Simon Jackson author, developer and Xbox MVP to talk about how we can use virtual reality to re-create in person meetings and catch up with friends and family in a virtual world. We talk about using technology like AltspaceVR to host community meetups and create social events in a way that flat video service like Skype, Zoom or Microsoft Teams cannot do and how you don’t need VR headsets to get involved.
We also talk about Windows Mixed Reality news, Windows Vista build videos, Skype calling, parental controls on Xbox and lots more!
Links from this week’s show:
- Running an event in AltspaceVR – an end to end guide
- Getting your user group or meeting online
- Retrocomputing Video: Hands on with Windows Longhorn / Vista Build 5048
- SteamVR survey updated to include more headsets, Windows Mixed Reality at 8.29%
- Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR Beta Updated – 1.1.192
- Video: How to make a group Skype call with friends and family without them needing Skype or a Skype account