Microsoft have released another fast ring build for Windows Insiders on the fast ring. Build 18348 has emoji 12 support via WIN+(period) or WIN+(semicolon).
The rest of the changes are all fixes as Microsoft get closer to the release of 19H1.
Here are the know issues and fixes:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We’ve made some adjustments to improve WIN+(period) reliability.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Start menu not launching if the GPO to turn off the all apps list in Start was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where the default Microsoft Word web tile pinned to Start (in the case where Office wasn’t installed) was unexpectedly launching Microsoft Edge in inPrivate mode.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge sometimes crashing when editing or tabbing through PDFs.
- We’ve made a change to improve cloud clipboard (if enabled) sync reliability.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the lock screen unexpectedly not dismissing until Ctrl+Alt+Del was pressed.
- We fixed an issue where if high contrast mode was enabled during Windows setup, that state wouldn’t persist first logon.
- Note: We’re rolling back the new Settings header from 100% to 50% of Insiders on Home and non-domain joined Pro edition PCs. This is so we can have a side by side comparison to help evaluate quality in both on and off state. We’ll let you know when the rollout increases again.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator continuous reading in Edge did not keep the text cursor at the position where reading was started from.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator Scan mode down arrow navigation might get stuck when reading in Chrome.
- In Windows Sandbox, Settings app no longer crashes when you navigate to the Narrator settings.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re continuing to investigate reported issues in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- If you use third party apps to adjust the color of your screen, we’ve made a fix with this build to address feedback that certain apps were no longer working. We’re continuing to investigate feedback in this space.
- For display calibration scenarios, monitors may be missing in the built-in Color Management application. As a work around, please use the Settings app to select color profile instead, under the Display Settings page.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We’re investigating an issue where region settings are being reset on upgrade for some Insiders.