The Kodi team have released version 18 of Kodi. This release has many new features including improved support for gaming emulators, ROM and controls. It has new DRM support, improved music library and Android lean back with voice control.
Here are the main changes:
- Retroplayer gaming and associated game control support
- DRM (Digital Rights Management) support
- Music Library – new ways to explore and enjoy your music collection
- Live TV improvements, including support for new back-ends
- Binary addon support and the binary addon repository
- Android Leanback and voice control
- Playback improvements (audio and video), including improved Blu-ray support
- “Estuary” skin modifications and changes to the GUI/skinning engine
Plus there are many under the hood changes and platform specific fixes. Kodi 18 is available for Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, Raspberry Pi, iOS and other platforms.
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.