As well as releasing HoloLens build 17760 Microsoft have released 17760 for the PC. This build is the first Redstone 5 / October 2018 Update build that has no known issue. Good news as Microsoft get ready to sign off on the update.
17760 could be the final build that goes out to Windows users next month.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed the issue causing apps that use .NET 4.7.1 to not work correctly in previous builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in rendering issues in certain types of PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using swipe to navigate back in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge crashing after pressing F12 on certain webpages if certain extensions were enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the icons on Microsoft Edge error pages not being visible on localized builds.
- We fixed an underflow in the Windows Security app that could result in the UI unexpectedly showing a very large number of threats had been found.
Update: Here is my hands on video:
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.