The Raspberry Pi foundation has launched a new more powerful Raspberry Pi. The new Pi 3B+ is an evolution of the Raspberry Pi that has a more powerful processor, dual band wifi and Bluetooth, faster Ethernet, power over Ethernet support and improved thermal management. The new Pi costs the same price £29.19, and it will be be great for Windows 10 IoT projects.
Last year I built a heating control system using Windows 10 running on a Raspberry Pi and the performance boost will be a welcome improvement.
Here are the specs of the new board:
- A 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
- Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
- Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
- Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
- Improved thermal management
More details on the Raspberry Pi blog.