Microsoft have released updated drivers for its Windows Mixed Reality controllers. The update for the motion controllers updates the 3D Motion controller models that should improve the tracking of the controllers. The update will come down via Windows Update or you can update them manually using the instructions below:
How to update your Windows Mixed Reality Motion controllers manually. Go to the Microsoft Download page and follow the step by step instructions.
1. Click the Download button on this page to start the download the driver packages. Make sure to download both packages.
2. Once the driver packages have been downloaded, extract its contents to a location on your PC.
3. Connect your HMD to your PC, turn on your motion controllers and make sure they are paired and connected.
4. Close the Mixed Reality Portal that automatically opens.
5. Locate the extracted driver packages. In the “MotionController065A” folder, right click on MotionController065AModel.inf and click “Install”.
6. In the “MotionController065C” folder, right click on MotionController065CModel.inf and click “Install”.
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.