Google don’t make Windows 10 apps but there are 3rd party apps available and one I frequently use for Google Music Play Music s called GPMDP. Despite its name it’s a great alternative to using the browser to access Google Play Music in the browser. The app has just been updated improved the user experience:
- NEW: You can now enable the windows 10 media service without the volume overlay thing
- NEW: MPRIS service now listens for, and emits volume events
- NEW: Added a keyboard shortcut for showing album art
- FIX: Whole bunch of random “null” errors
- FIX: Bunch of dark theme issues have been resolved
- FIX: Last.FM scrobble logic now works better
You sign in to the app and then you have access the Google Music library. It supports desktop notifications, custom actions, lyrics, a system tray menu, custom styles and casting to Chromecast receivers. I have been playing with the app today and it works very well, it’s nice to have a dedicated app rather than just the browser.
The app is free from the Windows Store.