Welcome to this week’s podcast where Jason, Garry and I talk about the week’s tech news with a Microsoft slant. We talk about Jason actually buying an iPhone, is he using it? We talk about which path a Windows phone user can go in the future, stay on Windows 10 Mobile or pick another OS? We talk about the rumours of the Microsoft Band death and ask what happened to Microsoft’s health devices strategy. We also talk Plex and Continuum and the new build of Windows 10 for Windows Insiders.
Also we talk about my experiences at IBC and how Intel’s Thunderbolt 3 technology is being integrated into new laptops enabling very fast connectively to external devices via a single USB Type C port. I talk about some of the devices and OEMS I saw at the show floor. Later in the show I have an interview with LaCie talking about their very fast and high capacity external storage devices and how a company called Simply are creating multi-terabyte drive arrays for use in the movie industry all connected up via a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
If you want to jump straight to the Thunderbolt 3 chat go to 48:49.
For the LaCie chat go to 1:02:00 and for Symply go to 1:09:27
Buy our Windows 10 book: Entertainment Apps on the go with Windows 10. We cover music and video streaming services for Windows 10, turning your PC in to a powerful media server, DLNA and cloud services.
|Subscribe on Android||Subscribe via iTunes||Subscribe via RSS , XML RSS Link||Sticher Radio||Subscribe with Zune||Listen on TuneIn Radio|
- How Thunderbolt 3 is enabling high performance workflow and why your Notebook should have it
- Plex for Windows 10 Mobile UWP app out of beta and adds Continuum support
- Microsoft Health app renamed Microsoft Band as rumours of its demise grow
- Video: Hands on with Windows 10 Redstone 2 build 14926
- Video: Hands on with Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 2 build 14926
- Windows 10 Redstone 2 build 14926 for PC and Mobile
- Video: HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook Review
- Home Server Show final podcast