The Windows Phone and Windows 10 versions of the Plex app have been updated. The new version of the app improves the startup performance of the app, fixes text issues, optimises video seeking and adds anonymous app metrics (with optional opt-out).
Plex Server is free and the Window Plex app is free from the Windows Store with an £3.89 in-app purchase.
– Introduce anonymous application metrics to help drive future improvements (if you don’t want to participate, you can disable it in the app preferences – Advanced section)
– (WP) Improve app startup performance
– (WP, UI) Fix clipped text on activation dialog when in landscape mode
– (Video) Optimize video seek thumbnail loading
– A number of user-reported crashes
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.