Plex have update the Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 version of the media client with a new feature and a few fixes. In release 188.8.131.52 there is support for more view types with the sync filter and fixes for OnePass, play queues and settings not persisting across app sessions.
With Plex Media Server you can stream your own content to their range of clients including Windows, Windows Phone and the Xbox One.
The basic app is free from the Windows Store but with a one minute playback limitation and you need either a Plex Pass subscription or an in-app purchase to unlocked the app.
CHANGES IN 184.108.40.206
– Support more view types when Synced filter is active
– (OnePass) Don’t prompt to activate when playing local content
– (Play Queues) Stop prompting to replace the play queue when tapping a track to play
– Regression on filters/sorts/views not persisting across app sessions
– A number of user-reported crashes