The Kodi team have announced beta 1 of Kodi 14.2 (formally XBMC). The 14.2 release is a about bug fixes and doesn’t have any major changes since 14.0. The good news for Windows users is that the bugs in the previous releases has been fixes and now Kodi will work fine on Windows with no more application hanging issues.
Other fixes include gap-less playback on mp3 files, Android fixes and subtitle fixes.
Here are the full list of changes and download links (via Kodi.tv):
Fixes so far
- * Fix: Application stopped responding on Windows
- * Fix: Gap-less playback on MP3
- * Fix: Playback of rtmp protocol
- * Fix: Scanning of newly added episodes
- * Fix: Fix multipath source scanning
- * Fix: Loading external subtitles in some cases
- * Fix: packaging of PIL module on Android. This fixes some script error when using weather add-on
- * Fix: Fix video playback on all platform after refresh rate change
- * Fix: Various bugs that were prevent in PVR add-ons.
- * Feature: Bump OSX SDK to 10.10
Ian Dixon is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), founder of TheDigitalLifestyle.com tech site and producer of the weekly The Digital Lifestyle Show podcast. Ian has been writing and talking about Windows for over 10 years and has over 20 years in IT as an IT Manager. Ian has thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook and over 4 million views on his YouTube channel.