Amazon have announced another streaming device, this one is the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You may think you have already seen the Fire TV and you would be correct. This is a new device, smaller that the Fire TV and around the same size as a Chromecast dongle. It seems to have the same features as the bigger Fire TV but with a dual core processor instead of the quad core chip.
With the TV stick you can get apps like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and YouTube. It comes with a remote control and is pre-configured to your Amazon account. It’s also cheaper than the larger device, the US price will be $39, no UK price yet. The Fire TV Stick will be on sale in the US November 13th.
- Powerful performance—4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast, plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory. Learn more
- Massive selection—Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and hundreds of games. Learn more
- Free 30-day Prime trial—Unlimited access to thousands of popular movies and TV episodes including award-winning series from HBO and exclusive titles like Alpha House, plus new Prime Music. Learn more
- Instant streaming with ASAP—No more waiting for your movies and shows to buffer—ASAP learns what movies and shows you like so they start instantly
- Dedicated remote and app for easy use—With the Amazon Fire TV Remote that comes in the box or the free app on your Android device (iOS coming soon), you have all the controls you need to easily search, navigate, and play games
- Voice search that actually works—Simply say what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds with the free app or Amazon Fire TV Voice Remote (sold separately)
- Connect your small screen to your big screen— Fire TV Stick lets you fling your favorite apps to your TV to free up your small screen for other uses. Or mirror your phone or tablet to your TV. Learn more
- Great for gaming, too—Play favorite titles like Flappy Birds Family, Toy Story: Smash It!, Monsters University, and more great games