This week Microsoft revelled the next version of Windows and its called Windows 10 not Windows 9 as we thought. Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu but with a modern twist, Windows Store apps that can run in Window and lot of other changes. We talk about the name, the new features and the return of the desktop. We also talk Windows Phone Music app updates, the return of WinHEC, Tesco killing their TV streaming service, Play To, MSN brand and lots more.
I also want to thank Vidabox for their support of the show, Vidabox will be helping us bring together some interesting new videos showing media servers integrated into our digital lifestyle. Vidabox have a great range of media server, media players, iPad mounts and HTPC accessories. I really appreciate their support of the show so please check out Vidabox.com.
- Microsoft announce Windows 10, Tech Preview available tomorrow
- Nokia Play To for Windows Phone now Lumia Play To with 4K image scaling and OneDrive support
- Microsoft rebrand the Bing apps Windows and Windows Phone apps to MSN
- Tesco to close Clubcard TV movie and TV streaming service.
- Microsoft announce the return of the WinHEC event, are Microsoft trying to reconnect with its hardware partners?
- Xbox Music for Windows 8.1 update improves the usability of the app
- Will Windows Media Center be in the next version of Windows?
- Microsoft roll out a new build of the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview, includes update for HTC devices
- Windows 10 Technical Preview available for download