Welcome to a very busy podcast this week. We discuss the Apple announcements and talk about the new bigger iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, we talk about Apple Pay and of course we talk about the Apple Watch but it’s not all Apple. Last week was the IFA show and Garry was there to take a look at new Lumia phones, Lumia Denim, Microsoft’s new Miracast device, new low costs Windows tablets and lots of wearables. Plus we also just about have time to fit in talk about the October update for the Xbox One which adds DLNA playback, Amazon’s Fire Phone and TV coming to the UK, Media Browser, My Movies and more.
I also want to thank Vidabox for their support of the show, Vidabox will be helping us bring together some interesting new videos showing media servers integrated into our digital lifestyle. Vidabox have a great range of media server, media players, iPad mounts and HTPC accessories. I really appreciate their support of the show so please check out Vidabox.com.
- Video: Trying DLNA playback on the Xbox One with the Media Player app
- Thoughts on the Apple iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- Xbox One October System Update Preview includes DLNA and MKV support
- Amazon’s Fire Phone now available in the UK
- Media Browser 3.0.5362 Beta released
- Video: Hands on with the new Archos Windows Phone
- Video: A quick look at the new Prestigio Windows Phones
- My Movies for Windows 5.10 Pre Release 8, no longer with the 2500 points restriction
- Amazon’s Fire TV now available in the UK
- Microsoft launch the Lumia 830, Lumia 730 and Lumia 735
- Microsoft’s Miracast device is Microsoft Screen Sharing For Lumia Phones – HD-10
- Coming soon: The Lumia Denim update with 4K video, voice activation and improved camera app
- Video: Hands on with the £99 Toshiba Encore Mini
- Toshiba announce $120 7 inch Windows tablet