Welcome to this week’s podcast where we look at the surprise announcements of new media capabilities for the Xbox One: a TV Tuner, live TV streaming and a new media player. Is this the re-birth of Softled? We also talk Windows Phone 8.1, GPS apps, podcast apps, XBMC/Kodi, Slice – a XBMC Raspberry Pi project, Media Browser and lots more.
Come and join us for our meetup October 18th at the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge. You can meet up with likeminded tech enthusiasts to talk Windows 8.1, Windows Phone, home automation, Android, iOS, Mac, Raspberry Pi and more and we have a great venue this year: The fantastic Centre for Computing History in Cambridge. You can bring something to show off or just enjoy the chat and then take a walk around the museum. We will also be recording a live edition of The Digital Lifestyle Show which we want you to be a part of. The Centre for Computing History in Cambridge is a fascinating place with many computers you will remember from the past and some you won’t. To book your free ticket and find out more go to our event page.
I also want to thank Vidabox for their support of the show, Vidabox will be helping us bring together some interesting new videos showing media servers integrated into our digital lifestyle. Vidabox have a great range of media server, media players, iPad mounts and HTPC accessories. I really appreciate their support of the show so please check out Vidabox.com.
- August Firmware for Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro and Surface RT
- Slice – A XBMC/Raspberry Pi based Media Player Kickstarter project
- Microsoft expand the Xbox One’s media capabilities: DLNA, TV streaming and boot to TV
- Media Browser Server 3.0.5336 Beta released
- Kodi 14.0 Helix (was XBMC) Alpha 2 released
- Video: HooToo 4 Port Charging Station with OTG
- Xbox Music for Windows Phone updated with improved performance and Kid’s Corner support
- Updated build of My Movies for Windows 5.1 Pre-Release available
- BBC confirm iPlayer coming to the Xbox One later this year
- Microsoft announce a Freeview HD compatible TV tuner for the Xbox One