One of the great things about the Raspberry Pi is the community build distributions for it and Raspbmc is a great one that is built around XBMC. The July update for Raspbmc has been released and it has a number of improvements this month. There is a fix for the installer on the new Model B+ Raspberry Pi, performance improvements for the Raspberry Pi models with 256mb, better buffer handling and a few other fixes.
To get the update just reboot your Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc, more details at Raspbmc.com.
- Fix an issue with the installer on new Model B+ Pis
Improve performance for Raspberry Pis with 256MB RAM
- Default to 720p resolution by default
- Better buffer handling for these Pis
- Reserve less memory for kernel
- Use larger swap file
- Reserve less memory for GPU
- Fix a race condition which can occur when loading HiFiBerry and iqAudio sound card modules
- Improvements to buffer handling
- Fix for an issue where playing audio can cause the device to reboot
- Add option for Model B+ devices to boost USB current in Raspbmc Settings (this is useful if you wish to power an external hard drive).
- Performance improvements by reducing XBMC binary size