The XBMC team have announced XBMC 13 (code named Gotham) Release Candidate 1. Since XBMC 12 there have been a lot of changes some of the highlights include:
- Android hardware decoding
- Raspberry Pi and Android speed improvements
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Touchscreen support
- Improved UPnP capabilities
- Audio engine improvements
- Settings improvements
- Extended Python and JSON-RPC API for developers
- New Skins
A new XBMC Remote app for iOS
The UPnP changes are very interesting as it now supports Play Using so you can send content from XBMC to a UPnP client and XBMC remembers the play status so you don’t have to remember what you have watched on multiple devices.
There are many other new features as well as a large list of fixes and is a big step forward from the Frodo release. Read all the details on the XBMC blog where you will also find the download links.