Yesterday the March update for the Xbox One started rolling out and it includes a some updates that should make it work better as an entertainment device.
- The Xbox One now supports Dolby Digital sound output via the optical and HDMI ports on the device (previously DTS or stereo were the only options)
- 50Hz output is now supported so the flickering frame rate issue should be fixed for UK users (and anywhere else that uses 50Hz TV signals).
- Custom volume adjustments when using voice commands, so you can set the volume increments when using the “Xbox volume up” or “Xbox volume down” commands.
- Support for the new Xbox One Media Remote
- IR blasting of power on/off and volume is available in all regions
- Improved sound bar setup
Hopefully the 50Hz fix will improve the HDMI pass though quality, I shall be testing it later and will report back. There are also other gaming related improvements which you can read about on the Xbox news site.