Amazon have issued an update to the Kindle app for the iPhone and iPad. Version 4.1 of the app has new notebook filter making it easier to find your notes and annotations. It also has page footers so you can see what page you are reading or time remaining. The X-Ray feature has been improved, the dictionary has been redesigned and updated for iOS 7 and there are stability and performance improvements.
The app is free from the iTunes Store
What’s New in Version 4.1
Kindle for iOS Version 4.1 brings multiple improvements to the reading experience based on customer feedback, and stability & performance improvements.
New to Readers
● Notebook Filters: Readers can now easily filter bookmarks, notes, highlights, and even specific colored highlights, making annotations much easier to find. Customers can also navigate directly to the annotated passages for context.
● Page Footers: Readers can now see page numbers or time left in book on the lower left page footer. Readers can switch between page #, time left in book or a blank footer by simply tapping on the text or empty area. A setting is available to turn off the page footer.
● X-Ray Update: Readers who want to go deeper into the story will appreciate the updated experience. X-Ray characters and terms can now be sorted by relevance, alphabetically, or in order of appearance in the book.
● Dictionary Redesign: The Dictionary Interface has been updated for iOS7 and makes it easier for customers to switch between alternate language and purchased dictionaries.
● Stability and Performance Improvements
New to the Library – Collections multi edit capability
● Collections Refinements: From the library view, customers can now see which collections a book already belongs to and can add to or remove from multiple collections using multi edit. Readers will find it easier to manage their collections.