Apple released a lot of updated apps for iOS yesterday and one of them that got a nice refresh is the Podcast app. The Podcast app enables subscriptions to podcast (like our own show) and version 2.0 of the app adds some nice new features.
The app has a new iOS 7 look and feel and there is now a Podcast Store where you can browse through the collection of podcasts, new search features and podcast charts. One of the best new features is the automatic updates so new shows will be downloaded automatically even without opening the app and you can set how the often the app checks for new podcasts.
Also the app syncs subscriptions and play position with iTunes and the Apple TV so you can switch between devices and not have to try and remember which episodes you have listened to.
The new app is free from the iTunes Store.
What’s New in Version 2.0
Podcasts 2 introduces a stunning, all-new design for iOS 7 and adds useful features you’ll love.
Designed for iOS 7
• Podcasts has a beautiful new look and feel that fits right in with iOS 7
• The Podcasts Store is now located in the Featured tab, making it easier than ever to discover great podcasts
• The new Search tab makes finding podcasts in the Podcasts Store fast and simple
• Top Charts now shows podcasts and episodes in a simple list, so it’s even easier to see what’s popular
• You can now view your stations as a list of episodes, or group them by podcast
Stay up to date
• Podcasts now automatically update with new episodes — even while the app is not open
• Choose how often the Podcasts app checks for updates to get the latest episodes as soon as they become available
• iCloud now keeps your subscriptions, stations and play position in sync with iTunes and Apple TV
This version of Podcasts also includes improvements to responsiveness and playback performance.