Microsoft have updated the Windows 8.1 Maps app with a new look and feel as well as improved multi-tasking. The app has integration with Facebook so you can see which business your friends have liked and recommendations. There is Local Scout recommendations for restaurants, events and hotels and the app also has integration with Bing Smart Search, Bing Travel and Weather apps.
I haven’t actually been able to try out the new version yet on my devices as there seems to be a problem with the app installing, hopefully it will be fixed later.
Key updates to this release of the Maps app include:
• Facebook sign-in to see which business your friends like, what’s popular and what’s recommended for you
• Personalised Local Scout recommendations for restaurants, events, attractions, hotels and more
• Integrated with Bing Smart Search and the Bing Travel and Bing Weather apps
• Resizable app for improved multi-tasking support in Windows
• Improved app look and feel
• Note: Some updates may not be available in some markets