The BBC have updated the iOS version of the BBC iPlayer app. The iPad, iPhone an iPod Touch version of the app now support for AirPlay for downloaded content so that you can download TV and radio shows on your iOS device and them watch them on the TV via an Apple TV so while there is no iPlayer app for the Apple TV this is a good way of watching BBC shows on the TV.
Also new in version 2.2 is quick access to your previous searches, grouped results by series and an improved image based iPad search. The app is free and available from the iTunes Store.
What’s New in Version 2.2
Improved search, providing:
– Quick one-tap access to your previous searches
– Results grouped by series; easily see how many episodes of a programme are available
– Dedicated search section on iPad with image-led results
Easy navigation to ‘More from this series’ and ‘You may also like’ recommendations on individual programme pages
Ability to watch downloaded programmes via AirPlay
See what other BBC applications are available with a link from the ‘More’ section
– Better VoiceOver support added to the Favourites screen prior to favourites being added
– Better VoiceOver support added to the Favourites screen after favourites have been added
As always we’ve tried to fit in as many bug fixes as possible