One of the great things about the Raspberry Pi is the number of project that have sprung up around it. One new Kickstater project is breakout board for the Raspberry Pi that makes it easier to connect electronics to the Pi. The Pi Crust Raspberry Pi addn board will be a breakout board for the Pi that exposes all the pins you would need for your own Raspberry Pi projects including GPIO,I2C,SPI,UART and power. The Pi Crust will come as a kit so you can learn to solder with it as well, it would be a great addon if you’re planning to add extra electronics to your Raspberry Pi and want to keep you Pi separate from the rest of your work.
WHAT AM I?
I’m a breakout board for the Raspberry Pi. I make it easy to connect electronics.
– I’m compact. Really compact. I add less than 2mm to the height of your Raspberry Pi and 1mm to to width.
– I have well labelled pins, grouped together logically, including GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART and power.
– I have female headers – you can poke jumpers right in.
– I have lots of GND and 5V pins – you need those a lot.
– I’m easy to make. A good project to learn to solder with.
– I’m low cost.
– I’m fully open source hardware. Fork me, tweak me, share me.
The Kickstarter project is aiming to raise £750 by the beginning of September and they already have raised £726, more details on their project page.