Google have updated the Chrome Browser for the iPad and iPhone. The updated iOS app integrates with the other Google apps like YouTube and the new Maps app, there is also improved text-to-speech, has full screen mode and has new bandwidth settings. The new bandwidth manager which is rolling out to users over time will load pages via Google’s servers which will compress the pages and images so speeding up pages loading and reducing bandwidth.
The app free from the app store.
What’s New in Version 28.0.1500.12
• Interoperability with other Google Apps
◦ Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
• Enhancements to voice search
◦ Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean.
◦ Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search
• Fullscreen on iPad
• Data cost savings
◦ Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
• Access to browser history
• Stability / security improvements and bug fixes