Google have updated the Android Google Music app with a new UI and new features. Yesterday at Google I/O Google announced a new music subscription services which is initially US only and they announced an update version of the Android app.
The new version has a new UI which is more Google Now looking and as well as supporting the new subscription service. A new listen now page makes it easier to find that you want to play as learns from your listening habits. Also the instant mix feature has been improved making it easier to see what is next and skip tracks.
The app works on Android 2.2 and up and is available in the Google Play Store.
What’s in this version:
* Brand new user interface for phone, tablet, and TV
* Support for All Access subscription service in the US
* Key All Access features: Explore section to discover new music, Radio with unlimited skips, Add albums to My Library, Share and subscribe to playlists
* New Listen Now page that makes it easy to find something to play
* Swipe to remove from playlist or queue
* Swipe to switch songs on the now playing screen or now playing bar
* Go to album or artist from any song
Google Play Music makes it easy to discover, play and share the music you love on Android and the web.
With our new All Access service (US), you can play millions of songs on Google Play, listen to radio with no limits, and enjoy playlists handcrafted by our music experts. Keep listening for just $7.99/month when you start your trial before 6/30/2013.
With both All Access (US) and Standard, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback.
All Access (US) features:
* Listen to unlimited songs
* Create custom radio from any song, artist or album
* Enjoy radio without skip limits
* Get smart recommendations based on your tastes
All Access (US) and Standard features:
* Add up to 20,000 of your own songs from your personal music collection
* Access your music anywhere without syncing, and save your favorites for offline playback
* Experience music without ads
* Buy new music on Google Play (18M+ songs)
* Share a free full play of the songs you purchase from Google Play with your friends on Google+.