AirPlayer is a great UPnP and DLNA app for the iPad and iPhone. With the app you can stream music, videos and photos from DLNA/UPnP server straight to your iOS device and the latest update adds support for Windows 8 DNLA servers (via set by step instructions on their forums), you can now download a file from the DLNA server and play it locally and bookmark media.
The app costs £2.99 from the iTunes store but if you after a good UPnP/DLNA client it’s well worth looking at.
What’s New in Version 1.0.06
1. Enable DLNA function for Windows 8, get more information from our forum.
2. Download media server’s files to local and play them locally.
3. Add bookmark feature.
4. Add recently played file list.
5. Display media servers’ remote files in alphabetical order.
6. Allshare’s external subtitle support.
7. Some other bug fixed.