We are nearly at the big 400 but not quite yet, this is podcast number 399 and I am joined by Jason to talk over the week’s news. We talk about Windows 8 and is it really responsible for the decline in PC sales? Is the start button coming back? Would an Xbox Surface make sense or would an 8 inch Windows RT device be better? Plus we talk about Netflix moving to HTML5 away from Silverlight, Skype for Windows 8, updated Bing apps for Windows 8 /Windows RT, DVBLink updates and controlling XBMC from Windows 8 and Windows RT.
Our 400th show will be April 30th with Ed Bott and Charlie Owen joining our regular team. We will be streaming the recording live on our live page at 8pm BST.
The TDL Show is brought to you by DVBLogic, makers of the DVBLink range of products. Get the free trial and see how it can expand the use of your Windows Media Center system and watch live and recorded TV on the Raspberry Pi, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone
If you want more information about how to subscribe to podcasts read our Podcast How To page.
Links for this week:
- Netflix planning to move away from Silverlight to HTML5
- Skype for Windows Phone 8 Updated
- Microsoft update the News, Travel, Maps, Sport and Finance Windows 8/RT apps
- Windows 8/RT News app updated, adds RSS feeds and Offline reading
- Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini review
- Video: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 v Nexus 7
- DVBLink product suite v4.5.3 released
- Controlling XBMC from Windows 8 and Windows RT
- XBMC Raspberry Pi AmbiLight project
- Samsung announce Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3 Android phones
- April Patch Tuesday brings more Surface RT firmware updates