DVBLogic have release DVBLink for PowerPC based NAS devices. The suite is out of beta and has all the familiar features like recording TV directly to the NAS, accessing recorded TV over a network and use it as a server to stream content to iOS, Android, Media Center and XBMC clients.
It would make a great back end to a Raspberry Pi XBMC Media Center which you can read more about in the Raspberry Pi guide.
Details from DVBLogic:
PowerPC Synology NAS products
DVBLink product suite for Synology NAS turns your Synology NAS into a personal video recorder. With the support for satellite (DVB-S/S2), Cable (DVB-C and QAM), terrestrial (DVB-T/T2 and ATSC) and IPTV reception DVBLink TV Server will record your favorite TV programs in original quality directly to a hard disk of your Synology NAS and distribute live and recorded TV throughout your house.
DVBLink TV Server makes sure that you never miss your favorite programs again – browse the EPG and manage timer recordings while you are on the go using free DVBLink apps for iOS, Android and WinPhone mobile devices.
Functionality at a glance
- Record your favorite TV programs in original quality directly to a NAS hard disk
- Access live and recorded TV content in your home network on hardware and software DLNA clients (DLNA-enabled TVs, PlayStation3, WD Live TV etc.)
- Watch live and recorded TV using DVBLink XBMC addon for XBMC running on Windows, Linux or Mac platforms
- Watch live and recorded TV programs on your Boxee Box using DVBLink Boxee client
- Watch live and recorded TV on your iPad or iPhone using a compatible DLNA client
- Stream live and recorded TV to PCs, running Windows MediaCenter
- Browse EPG and manage timer recordings while you are on the go using free DVBLink apps for iOS, Android, WinPhone mobile devices and feature-rich web interface
- Get the most complete program information for your TV channels – program information from the TV stream, xmltv feed or a premium EPG services of Digiguide, EpgData.com or TimeFor.TV
Supported Synology PowerPC NAS models:
*DSM 4.0 or higher is required