Microsoft have released preview 3 of the Windows Phone app for the desktop. The Windows 7 and Windows 8 app enables syncing of content with a Windows Phone (including syncing podcasts from iTunes). Microsoft see it as a replacement for the Zune desktop software as the Zune app will not sync with Windows Phone 8 but it’s a little basic compared to the slick Zune software.
The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop makes it easy to:
• Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
• Automatically import pictures and videos you’ve taken with your phone to your PC.
• See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
• Get your playlists on your phone.
• Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.