Sky have updated the iPhone version of the Sky+ app to include some of the features of the iPad version. The updated app can work as a remote control for the Sky+ box as well as being able to view your planner and add recordings.
I use the iPad version for managing the planner but tend to grab the sky remote if I want to change channels rather than use the app.
The app is free from the app store.
What’s New in Version 4.2
iPhone users with the new Sky Guide on their Sky+HD box can connect to do the following:
• REMOTE CONTROL – Swipe to rewind, & fast forward, tap to pause / play what you’re watching on your TV. Swipe up or down to change channels, or if you know the channel number just type it in.
• PLANNER MANGEMENT – See and manage all your recordings in your Planner, view them by genre, add a series link or delete a programme you no longer want all without interrupting viewing on the TV. Once you’ve found a show you want, just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV.
• NEW TV GUIDE – Scroll through seven day listings, record a show or series and set reminders. The genre tabs will help you navigate quickly and just tap on a channel icon to tune your TV to that channel.
• IMPROVED NAVIGATION – Now the app is easier and more intuitive to use.
• IMPROVED SEARCH – Search for programmes in the TV listings as well as your Planner.