Google launched it’s own search app in the the Windows Store a couple of weeks ago but it wasn’t supported on Windows RT. Yesterday Google updated the app and added Windows RT support so you can get it installed on your Surface.
As well as it using for searching you can sign in with your Google ID and access your Gmail, Calendar and other Google services. Essentially the app is a Google wrapper for IE, under the hood it is still using Internet Explorer.
You can find the app in the Windows Store
- Google Searchbox – Type your search right from the app home screen, so you can find the answers you need more quickly.
- Voice Search – Use your microphone to ask Google anything and see the answer instantly.
- Image Search – Watch images load into a beautiful full-screen grid. Select images you like or swipe through to see more results.
- Search Charm – By installing the Google Search app, you can easily access Google from the Search Charm.
- Instant Previews mode – Browse search results without having to visit each page.
- View Your Searches – Swipe from the top to see the sites you visited most recently, categorized by keyword.
- Google Apps page – Access all your favorite Google products from within the app with just the tap of an icon.
- Google Instant – No need to press Enter – see results instantly as you type.