Today is Windows Phone 8 launch day and just in time Microsoft have released a Windows Phone 8 app for Windows 8 and Windows RT. The app enables syncing of content from Windows to Windows Phone 8 and replaces the Zune desktop application. If you have a Windows Phone 7.x device you will still need the Zune software.
Your computer and your Windows Phone 8 work together seamlessly with the Windows Phone app so you always have your photos, videos, and music, and more where you want them.
- Get your music, photos, and videos from your computer to your phone (and vice versa).
- Quickly share things from your phone with Windows 8 apps (like Photos, or Search). You don’t even have to open the Windows Phone app to move things around.
- Automatically save photos and videos you take with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Get to WindowsPhone.com to download apps, learn more about your phone, or find it if it’s lost.