NVIDIA have released GeForce R304 beta drivers for Windows 7, the update is mainly about updates for games and will be out for Windows XP and Windows 8 in the future.
Summertime gaming officially begins this week and GeForce R304 drivers are here to kick it off NVIDIA style.
Download GeForce R304 beta drivers today for Windows 7. A future R304 driver will add support for Windows XP and Windows 8.
GeForce R304 drivers include some nice performance increases for GeForce 400, 500, and 600-series GPUs, a ton of new game profiles and some anticipated fixes.
- Performance boost of up to 18 percent in several top PC games with a single GeForce GTX 680 GPU (tested on Batman: Arkham City) compared with R300 drivers. Read our R304 article on GeForce.com for a complete list of performance increases.
- Adds or updates NVIDIA SLI support for several new games, including Spec Ops: The Line, PlanetSide 2, Torchlight II, Tribes: Ascend and more.
- Adds or updates NVIDIA 3D Vision support for several new games, including Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3 (updated rating to Excellent), Street Fighter X Tekken (3D Vision Ready) and more.
- Adds NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III, L.A. Noire, Rayman Origins, and The Secret World.
- Key fixes:
- Improved smoothness of gameplay with vsync enabled on GeForce GTX 600-series GPUs.
- Select factory-overclocked GPUs returned to full clocks and performance.
- Total War: Shogun 2 returned to full performance when using the latest game patch (performance increase of up to 60 percent).
- NVIDIA Surround settings now persist after new driver overinstall.
For more details, refer to the release highlights on the driver download pages and read the GeForce R304 article on GeForce.com.
Enjoy the first GeForce R304 beta driver. And let us know what you think.