Nvidia have released a new beta driver that includes a fix for black screen problems with Windows Media Center. The problem seems to be affecting a few people in the Windows Expert Forum and seems to be caused by the last driver update. If you have the problem you can get the new driver from Nvidia
New in Version 285.79
- Includes several bug fixes and performance improvements for Battlefield 3.
- Fixes cases of irregular performance (stuttering) primarily seen on DirectX 10 GPUs. The fix improves the performance of both DX10 and DX11 GPUs.
- Fixes shadow map corruption seen with DirectX 10 GPUs.
- Fixes cases of black corruption lines/triangles with DirectX 10 GPUs.
- Fixes black screen during playback using Windows Media Center.
- Added or updated SLI profiles for the following games:
- Aion v3.0
- Anno 2070
- Assassins Creed: Revelations
- Need for Speed: The Run
- Payday: The Heist
- The Adventures of Tintin
- The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
- Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- Airline Tycoon 2 – rated Fair
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – rated Good
- Batman: Arkham City – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – rated Excellent
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – rated Excellent
- FIFA 12 – rated Good
- Hard Reset – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- inMomentum – rated Fair
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Smash Cars – rated Fair
- Two Worlds 2: Castle Defense – rated Good
- Zombie Driver – rated Excellent
- Includes HD Audio driver 22.214.171.124.
- Includes PhysX System Software 9.11.11.07.