As Apple update the Apple TV SeasOnPass the jailbreak tool for the Apple TV continues to be updated. The latest update supports a Tethered jailbreak of Apple TV 4.4 (iOS5), details from Firecore
Seas0nPass has been updated to support a TETHERED jailbreak of the new AppleTV 4.4 (iOS 5) software released on 10/12/2011 (also supported are the new minor updates – 4.4.1 released on 10/17/11 and 4.4.2 released on 10/24/11). Full details on what’s new in 4.4, status of 3rd party features, and how to update are below.
Which plugins are supported on 4.4?
- Media Player (works)
- Couch Surfer (works)
- Last.fm (works)
- Weather (works)
- RSS Feeds (works)
- NitoTV (works)
- Overflow (works)
- Remote HD (works)
- XBMC (nightly builds only)
- Plex (not working)
- Rowmote (not working)
How do I update?
Seas0nPass will default to the latest untethered version, which is currently 4.3. If you want to use Seas0nPass to update and jailbreak a newer version simply follow the steps below.
- Download version 4.4.2 (9A336a) and save the IPSW in an easy to find location.
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Open Seas0nPass then Option + click (Mac) or Shift + click (PC) the Create IPSW button and select the new IPSW file that was downloaded in step #1.
- Seas0nPass will complete the jailbreak and restore process automatically.
- After the restore is complete, move the AppleTV to your TV and follow the steps for performing a Tethered Boot.