Seas0nPass the jailbreak tool for the Apple TV has been updated to support the latest Apple TV 4.4 OS (iOS5). The jailbreak is tethered jailbreak (meaning you need a cable) but if you want the latest version of iOS and have aTV Flash then this is the route you will have to go until a untethered version is released.
Seas0nPass has been updated to support a TETHERED jailbreak of the new AppleTV 4.4 (iOS 5) software released on 10/12/2011 (also supported is the 4.4.1 update released on 10/17/11). Full details on what’s new in 4.4, status of 3rd party features, and how to update are below.
How do I update?
Seas0nPass will default to the latest untethered version, which is currently 4.3. If you want to use Seas0nPass to update and jailbreak a newer version simply follow the steps below.
- Download version 4.4 (9A334v) or 4.4.1 (9A335a) and save the IPSW in an easy to find location.
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Open Seas0nPass then Option + click (Mac) or Shift + click (PC) the Create IPSW button and select the new IPSW file that was downloaded in step #1.
- Seas0nPass will complete the jailbreak and restore process automatically.
- After the restore is complete, move the AppleTV to your TV and follow the steps for performing a Tethered Boot.