Freeview have released an updated Freeview app for the iPhone and added support for Android phones and tablets. The updated app has a new UI and adds twitter trending, you can get the iOS version from iTunes and the Android one from the Android Market. Unfortunately there is no Windows Phone version yet.
Freeview has just launched the updated feature-packed Freeview HD TV Guide app for iPad, Android and iPhone.
The free and upgraded app has been completely overhauled, offering a rich TV guide experience whilst boasting a wealth of handy features including:
- Planning in advance : A full grid view of the TV Guide is now available, giving access to an interactive timeline of Freeview channels
- Top picks: Highlights the best shows to look out for
- View offline : The app downloads content allowing users to plan even when they don’t have signal
- Favourites : Users can save their favourite shows, which will allow the app to make programme recommendations
- Stay on trend: The most talked about shows will be displayed in a new trending feature allowing users to see the most talked about TV programmes on Twitter
- Share with friends : Recommend shows to friends through Facebook, Twitter or email
- Never miss out : The calendar reminder option means users never have to miss their favourite shows again
With over 150,000 downloads already, the all new Freeview HD TV Guide app is compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets, including iOS 5. The Freeview HD TV Guide app is completely free to download and is available from iTunes, Apple’s App Store and Android Market .