If you have an iPhone or Android phone there are selection of Windows Media Center remote controls available and the latest one to be released is called Media Center Remote Control. The app is available for iPhone, iPod, iPad or Android and enables you to browse media on the phone, start and stop playback on Media Center and view media metadata. There are also search features as well as caching to speed up browsing.
The iPhone app costs $3.99 and the Android version £2.57
Media Center Control lets you control Windows® Media Center™ via remote control from your mobile device (iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad).
– Media and TV remote control
– Allows you to control Windows Media Center via WI-FI connection (no line-
– Browse your music and video libraries on your iPhone
– Start/Stop/Pause any media file without the need of switching on your LCD or Plasma TV
– View media metadata including Album, Artist, Genre and Duration
– Group your media files by category
– Quick Search for any media file
– Includes a complete Windows Media Center remote control (Home, Channel, Volume, Control buttons, etc.)
– Intelligent cache provides quick access to indexed files regardless how many media files you have in your library.
– Auto connect on application start-up